TopoSports offers fully offline, GPS accurate, high quality Topo maps covering entire USA(Alaska coming soon), Canada & New Zealand for outdoor sports enthusiasts - bikers, hikers etc. The app gives you access to 70000+ quads that cover almost all of USA, Canada & New Zealand. US data is derived from USGS 1:24K DRGs . Canada data is derived from NRCan 1:50K Toporama DRGs. New Zealand data is derived from 1:50K DRGs published by LINZ. The app also provides offline access to Geographic Names data for downloaded quads imported from GNIS/NRCan/LINZ.
Demo video at: http://www.toposports.com/main/allvideos
WIFI / 3G recommended. Each quad is 5MB to 10 MB in download size.
- Download topo maps of any quad in USA/Canada/New Zealand for offline usage.
- Download 1:24K scale maps for US. For Canada & New Zealand the maps have 1:50K scale.
- Maps projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all mobile devices.
- Search for maps by feature name.
- Search for nearby Quads
- Popular quads are also provided as featured quads for your convenience.
- Seamless mosaicing of quads
- Distance/Bearing tool
- Create custom way points either using your current location or via manual selection.
- Geographic names layer for each quad
- Search POIs/Way points offline.
- Search for created way points/POIs by name.
- Pan/zoom/locate yourself
- Record GPS tracks
- Supports both built in GPS and BlueTooth
- View tracks overlay
- Bird's eye overview for your tracks.
- Live track animation
- Track analytics/stats
- Distance covered
- Avg speed
- Max speed
- Time taken
- Pace (time taken to cover a mile/km)
- Calories burned
- Vertical ascent/descent
- Export tracks in GPX format to SDCard.
- Viewable on Google earth.
- Import routes and waypoints from file/web.
- GPX and KML files can be imported.
- Files local on device and from any website can be imported.
- Auto Follow mode
- The app continuously updates your location on the map in auto follow mode.
- The map automatically rotates so that it is always facing course up.
*NOTE*: Please note that Topo maps do not include depth charts/marine charts/nautical charts. If you are looking for that, please visit http://gpsnauticalcharts.com/
Very user friendly. I used to have the nike run app but I never used it because when I tried playing music whether from steaming or whatever's on my phone the nike run app would stop so I was constantly stopping and going, more stopping for sure! With the map my run app,it works perfectly, plays any music I want, and it shows how much calories I've burned. The app only stops when I press the button.